Hi! I’m Keegan, I’m a teacher and I use my background in science, pedagogies, and technical expertise to provide others with holistic solutions to their instructional and technological needs. Normally my students are faculty members at the University of Oklahoma who want to learn more about integrating technologies into their courses.
Officially, I am an Educational Technologist at the Center for Teaching Excellence and teach instructors how to:
- Integrate iPads into their teaching
- Use blogging to engage students
- Have students build games
- Crowdsource study guides using collaborative documents
- Engage students in active learning practices
- Produce instructional videos
- Facilitate audio and video student peer reviewing
- Use Twitter in the classroom
- Explore and introduce OER materials
- And much, much more!
As an Educational Technologist I am also responsible for providing professional development, consultations, and innovative pedagogies using technology.
In other words, I do not work in IT. 🙂
I really enjoy developing curriculum. In fact, I am crazy about my current project, GOBLIN, right now. If you are interested in gamification, open educational resources, DIY EdTech, or game-based learning you should check it out!
If you want to chat (about anything mentioned or related), feel free to reach out to me on Twitter (@KeeganSLW) or email me at keeganlong-wheeler [at] ou [dot] edu. I would love to connect with you!
- I actively participate in the #games4ed Twitter chats on Thursdays at 7:00PM CST.
- I play Star Wars Battlefront & Splatoon with my wife.
- I’ve lived in Japan & Mexico
- I really want a hedgehog: